Located in Ontario and Nova Scotia, Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance strives to be the Best Mutual. Our team of talented and dedicated professionals challenge the norm and strive to be extraordinary. It’s all about fulfilling our promise with a personal approach. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our values, being open to change, and pursuing your career aspirations.
Heartland Mutual Insurance and Kings Mutual Insurance have an excellent opportunity in our Direct Sales Office. Our team has an opportunity for a Senior or Intermediate Direct Sales Representative (Auto, Property, and Casualty).
Direct Sales Representative – New Minas, Nova Scotia
What you will do…
Sales and Marketing
- Handle inbound and initiate outbound calls regarding leads for home, auto, BizPak and BizFarm quotes and inquiries
- Complete risk assessments over the phone and obtain the appropriate information to complete accurate insurance quotes.
- Manage renewal process by gathering required information, cross-selling, account rounding and presenting renewals as required.
- Promote the company brand and services/products offered to customers.
- Request referrals from existing clients to help grow the book of business.
- Utilize Heartland’s industry-leading technology to distribute our insurance product offerings more efficiently.
Office Administrative Duties (Support)
- Completing and processing downloads
- Preparing deposits according to payment type (cheque, electronic, cash)
- Processing mail and issuing payment receipts.
- Taking outgoing mail to appropriate drop off.
- Maintain inventory track of stationery and office supplies.
What you will bring….
- 3-5 years of property & casualty underwriting or Broker experience.
- Ability to analyze auto and home customer needs, promote products and services and suggest choices and innovative solutions.
- Very strong sales and customer service skills
- Strong communication skills and business savvy
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure
- Completion of or progress toward a CIP designation is an asset
- A General Insurance Agent’s License is an asset but not required, we will sponsor licensing if needed.
- Familiarity with PowerBroker or other Industry Management systems is also an asset.
What we offer…
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
At Heartland our benefits are great and include not only health and dental coverage, but also a generous pension plan. All staff members share in our company’s success through our incentive plan. And with our hybrid work model, you get the best of both worlds – the ability to collaborate and connect with great colleagues and enjoy the benefits of working from home.
Intrigued? We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.